1.6.09

TNTD**

**Things NOT To Do is an idea squarely finding its inspiration from punishments received by various teachers across various grades in school. Case in point - After the deed was done, Mrs. Sundaram deemed that I shall write "I will complete my homework on time" for a grand total of 500 times. Bart Simpson's teachers aint got nothin on Mrs. S!

So anyway I am putting this as a series... of things I've been foolish enough to try but shall never do again... Or maybe I will but after a reallllyyyy long time.

TNTD for June '09 - Do NOT attempt singing karaoke on Jason Mraz songs.

The man is a freak! His easiest popular song, "I'm Yours" which I'll get right eventually (decided to practise this song and only this song) aint as easy as I'd initially thought.
Also if you really really wanna feel bad about your superior (?!) singing skills, like someone we both know, try The Remedy or Wordplay.

I tried to sing Wordplay precisely three times. After my 3rd attempt , I cried.

8 comments:

Thresia said...

You kick ass. The Blackfayth hasnt gone out of the blog. it's been a while, isn't it? :D

88 said...

Sia, you are too kind... tho i probably need to get my ass kicked for my foolish attempts hehe

And yeah it has been a while since you visited. How you been? :)

Australis said...

I never got to liking Jason Mraz for some reason. But I can see his songs being hard to sing. Good on you for trying!

88 said...

Whaaaatt??!! I'm surprised... nay... gobsmacked I say that you don't like him!
But then I took a while too... so he's probably one of those grows-on-you type of musicians. If you do fancy giving him a go, I highly recommend his 'Mr. A-Z' album to start with.

But dude from what I remember of your musical taste, I think the OST of The Wrestler will be right up your alley. Full on 80's rock :D

Thresia said...

Um. one doubt probably will haunt me till i die. how do you pronounce Mraz? :P

88 said...

It's pretty straightforward actually. Em-Raz... not Mmm-Raz.

There you go... no haunting and a peaceful transition into the afterlife for you :)

AD. said...

even i tried 'im yours' on karaoke...haha...yeah it was kinda stupid but i uploaded it on youtube and people actually liked it...hah.

88 said...

Arre now its come down to ego.. pure and simple. I will not let this song beat me!
And when i get it right (or close enough atleast), I too shall put it up on youtube :)