1.5.09

X fest

Couple of weeks ago I was doing my usual routine of trolling the torrent sites checking out what's new in the music world and randomly scrolled down to the movies section of a particular site and was stunned to see a print of Wolverine available for download.
From a numbers perspective, there were 35,000 seeders and 65,000 leechers!

I'm not averse to the wide wonderful world of Internet piracy but please please P L E A S E save the Wolverine for the theatres. The Adamantium clawed X Man deserves the big screen treatment and if initial reports are true, the wait will be well worth it.
He certainly has, for the longest time, been a fan favorite with the male readers, but the ladies too have taken a real shining to Wolvie. Altho methinks that has a lot to do with Hugh Jackman's portrayal of the character.

While I am excited to see the Logan/Wolverine backstory (this is a prequel to the series), I am also kicked about seeing another personal favorite Remy LeBeau a.k.a Gambit who I think is the coolest X Men character after Wolverine. I hope Taylor Kitsch has done justice to the character.

Today is the official release date for the movie in the US. Can't wait till it hits our shores!

Gambit: You know it's a bad sign when I'm the voice of reason

4 comments:

shenanigans said...

I'm going to try n watch it this week. Have heard nothing but good things about if from mates who have. About the movie and Hugh Jackman :-)

88 said...

well lucky you... I dont know when we're gonna be able to catch it here. There's a strike on by the film producers against the multiplexes over revenue sharing arrangements.

While English movies aren't the primary object of ransom, this strike might just affect their releases too.
Sigh...

Australis said...

I saw it a couple of weeks ago! SO good. Did you see it yet?

Also - too much of a generalization there. I DO like Hugh Jackman, yes, but I LOVE Wolverine as a character. From the comics, yes. I (despite being a girl) have a huge passion for novels of the graphic kind.

And I think gambit is pretty kick-ass too...totally under-used in the movie.

88 said...

I haven't... ughh!
That damn standoff is still on between the Producers and the multiplexes. I cannot tell you how much of a temptation it is to go back on my own word and d'load a print offa the internet.

Speaking of the multiplexes, I remember this toystore bang opposite Eng Wah in Suntech. It had one of the coolest Wolverine action figures I've ever seen. Mondo obscene price tho... some $2000!