27.10.08

Will sing for my drinks

Pre-Diwali day in the office. Slow since morning... slower post a pretty heavy Diwali lunch with the team. I'm only writing this post coz i'm in serious danger of snoozing at my desk... zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Most of the agencies & clients' offices are shut today and in some cases till this coming Thursday. We're out till Wednesday. This being the last set of chuttis till December, its causing a feeling of blah amongst a lot of my colleagues. ("yaar no public holidays till Dec.... how will we survive??")
And that is of course promptly followed by "you lucky bastard, you toh dont need to worry since you're quitting in a couple of weeks."
I am.... weeeeeeee!

Definitely in the mood for a few drinks and some karaoke tonight. So I'm thinking of going to Soul Fry this evening and might end up going alone. Alone because most of my friends are either out at their Diwali teen patti sessions or at the Russell Peters show tonight.
Haven't done the whole going-drinking-alone-at-bars bit since my last job when I was posted out of Bombay. Perhaps this is the night to relive old habits...

If you hear someone singing some Billy Joel (Piano Man/We didn't start the fire) or U2 (Without or without you), or Elvis (Jailhouse Rock) it could be me. Or not.
I haven't copyrighted those songs on karaoke as my own... yet!

So why don't you drop by,
say me a hello or even a hi,
I'll sing you a song or tell you a joke
if buy me a brew or two,
coz I'm flat broke.
Note - The Author was formerly a vocalist in a band. However he has limited lyrical ability as can be seen from the above post. Additional testimonials towards the same will be provided by his former bandmates who used to giggle and snicker when he'd come to their garage jams with lyrics he claimed were masterful. He does not speak to these former bandmates anymore.

9 comments:

Idle Wild said...

my great wish of karaoke-ing gets dashed every time! Sigh. anyway, hope u had a great time...those possible songs u were gonna belt out r awesome :D

Fictional Reality said...

Man of multiple talents...
Writer, Vocalist, member of bands...
Soul fry is a nice place...
Here's to hoping you find solace...

At least now you can feel better about your lyrical abilities! :D

Have fun dude!

88 said...

@ The Dropper - yeah it was good fun altho I couldnt do the alone bit since I ran into some friends. Even managed to record "Jailhouse" on my fone. Came out pretty good if I do say so myself :D

@ Fictional Reality - You and I need to get together and we will pen the most MAGNIFICENT song of the world. They will talk of the Fictional & Blackfayth duo in reverence and awe. Years from now, we will be required reading in those 6th Std Poetry books.

:D :D

Thresia said...

ooooh...karaoke!maybe i should come too?
i swear i won't in any way
1)embarass you by singing either loudly or in a too drunk manner
2)snigger at what you sing!
:D :D

88 said...

@ Sia - As far karaoke-ing is concerned, more is merrier. Altho I think you're a wee bit away in God'd own country :)
What you don't realise is:-

1) Loud, drunk singing is mandatory. I am at my finest in such a state.
2) Sniggering will never happen coz i'm that damn good (no! I'm not delusional... despite what people around me might say)

Thanx for dropping by.

PS - ARE there any k-joints in C town? Sorry if I sound ignorant...

Australis said...

"Agencies and clients"....hmmm I think we work in the same industry. Heh. I need to quit too, dang it!

Fictional Reality said...

No dude... I don't agree. I don't think they can teach Moral Science and our lyrics in the same class! Ha!

88 said...

@ Aurora - well we could become one of those broke jobless singing duos standing on the street corner and sing for money :D

@ Fictional Reality - Screw that! we'll start our own religion. Moral Science... maaan havent heard that subject name in like a decade i think :)

Fictional Reality said...

What you saying man!!! Treat that subject with respect! It was the only thing I got any marks in ya...
On second thoughts... seeing the way I have turned out it is not good to do well in Moral Sciences! ;)